Thursday, November 25, 2010

Today is Thanksgiving, so, as I am sure many bloggers are doing, I am posting the things in my life for which I am most thankful.  The following are listed in no particular order.

1.  I am so thankful for my renewed relationship with God.  While I never lost my faith, I did lose sight of how important the presence of that relationship is in everything I do.  I am so thankful for the peace it has given me and the insight He has given me so that I know what is truly important and what is not.

2.  Where would I be without an amazing husband who loves me so much?  I never want to take for granted how wonderful it is to love and to be loved by a truly wonderful person.

3.  My first-born son - his laugh is good for my soul.  He is so sweet and lovable still.  Please stay this way forever.

4.  I am thankful for red wine. mmmmmmm....

5.  My last-born son - his mischievous laugh/growl and silly faces make me weak.

6.  I am thankful that we have what we need.  I see so many people in need of a place to live, food to eat or simply a friendly face and more often than I like to admit, take what we have for granted. I want to thank God everyday for all of the little things.

7.  Stanley, my basset, spinning in circles.   It cracks me up every time.

8.  Christmas coming up - I love everything about it!

9.  My baby's doll-like "mama".  It always makes me smile.

10. My BFF - thanks for being there!

11.  I am so thankful that my man can fix ANYTHING, whether it is in the house or in the car.  (Unless it is the kitchen faucet - that one is giving him some trouble).

12.  I am grateful for my family - I have learned so much for my parents - they have taught me selflessness, love, and sacrifice.  I am also thankful for my sister - I am glad for who she is and is becoming. 

13.  Red wine (oh, wait, I think I said that!) Well then, red wine AND dark chocolate.  A pair made in Heaven.

14.  For each of my nieces and nephews - while I was close to them when they were a lot younger - I am thankful that I am back in touch (thanks to FB).  I am so happy they are each so beautiful and good human beings. 

15.  I am so thankful for each and every blessing in our lives - small and large, trivial and tremendous.  I am so fortunate and I don't say so often enough. 

Today is a day we give thanks and spend time with those most important to us. Everyday should be like this!

1 comment:

  1. Every day should be like Thanksgiving. Why isn't it? Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete