Monday, December 6, 2010

Meal Planner

Is it just me, or does every working mom hate this time of day?  You know, around 4:30 pm when suddenly you realize, "Crap! I forgot to take something out for dinner!" or something along those lines.  It would be different, of course, if I were one of those moms who has something I whipped together a week ago, as a "just in case", in the freezer. But I'm not. Nor will I ever be.  I'd even venture a guess to say that most working moms aren't either.

So, what's a girl to do?  I could make breakfast for dinner. No thawing needed.  However, this takes a trip to the store to buy a few supplies.  I could thaw some chicken in the microwave, but I hate the way the edges cook during the unthawing process and I inevitably end up with a slab of meat that is tough in some places.  We could have a meatless dinner, but again, no matter how I look at it, I have to go to the store.  Of course, there is always the takeout option - pizza or Chinese or some other restaurant.  For me, that is a last ditch option since most are full of fat and calories. 

Week after week, I say to myself that I will plan my meals out which I NEVER do. Actually, that's not true.  I tried it once and it lasted for about 2.2 days when I ended up forgetting to cook what I was supposed to cook.  

I think I've come to that time in this post when I should have come up with some logical solution that should be helpful, not only to me, but to anyone who would read this. But guess what? I've got NOTHING. 

Looks like I'm heading to the grocery store after work.

1 comment:

  1. I stink at planning the meals AND I hatr grocery shopping! But what i have learned is that if you just try to buy the "basics," you can whip up just about anything. And ALWAYS have tortillas on hand!

    ReplyDelete