Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Feet.

Yesterday I got a pedicure.  I LOVE pedicures - and not just because my feet look great when it's done. I love soaking my feet.  I love the massage chair.  I love "reading" the fashion magazines that I refuse to buy because I only look at the pictures.  I love having hundreds of polish colors to choose from. I love the minty lotion that they use to massage my legs and feet. Oh, yes! The massage.  I LOVE the massage.

But the thing I love most of all is that, while I'm surrounded by the manicurists and other customers, I am still getting unadulterated "ME" time.  While my favorite thing in the universe is to spend time with my man and my two boys, I still need a little time to myself.  For some women, it's shopping or reading but for me it's a pedicure.  It's one thing I know that no one else in my little family enjoys and is all mine. (Note to self:  NEVER let my husband or children get a pedicure! If they do, they will be hooked and the act of getting a pedicure will not be "all mine" anymore.)

It doesn't matter that it's fall and I will be wearing (for the most part) closed toed shoes. It's not about my feet looking great.  And they do look great.  That's just a benefit. 

In this case, it is all about the experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment