Monday, January 10, 2011

More Than Just Numbers

When I last posted, I reluctantly posted that I was "happy" about my over three pound weight loss. And I was. Really.

Today, I feel a need to write down other non-scale benefits I have noticed because there are noted differences in myself:

1. I have more energy. I've noticed that throughout the course of the day, I'm not having energy ups and downs. I feel a pretty steady stream of energy. Now, I'm not saying that I wouldn't love a cup of coffee at around 3pm but still eating better really has made a difference.

2. For whatever reason I am enjoying, and even craving, fruit more. I don't know how many times in recent months I have looked into the produce drawer of my fridge at whatever chosen fruits and veggies I had bought at the store with good intentions, only to quickly close the drawer with nothing in my hand. But now I am actually thinking crazy things like, "Cold grapes would be really refreshing right about now," or "I could really go for some kiwi." (As an aside, right now I am obsessed with kiwi. It has been my chosen fruit for a few days now. I have to buy some tomorrow.)

3. I feel determined. I feel more confident in myself and my capability to make better choices.

4. I am eating less. I don't know if it is some psychological thing or really some sort of physiological change in me, but I've changed my portions and now, I fill up faster on smaller amounts than what I was eating pre-1/1/11.

These are some non-scale victories this week - looking forward to scale victories now.

No comments:

Post a Comment