Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year, New Plan.

It has been one week since I restarted Weight Watchers. I will begin by posting a before pic that I took last Saturday:



Now if I had been smart, I'd have at least dolled myself up a bit - put some makeup on, better fitting clothes and put a brush through my hair. However, I was all gung-ho about getting started that I wanted to take the photo right away and did not think about the consequences.

Ick.

Here's another:




I think in this photo I was joking around with my man saying that I will make myself look even more fat but pushing my stomach out. I don't think I needed to do that.

So back to the whole WW thing. They have this new PointsPlus program which I am not used to. The previous plan I was fine with - I had mastered it (despite the appearance of the above photos). This new one takes some getting used to.

I have more points that I would have with the old plan. When I first saw this, I was like "Cool!" But then my excitement turned to disappointment when I calculated my first meal. It came out to a bit more under the PointsPlus program than it would have under the previous one.

All that being said, I lost 3.4 pounds this week. Truth be told, I was a little discouraged when I stepped on my scale expecting around 5 pounds gone (my last two "first weeks" produced 8 and 5 pound weight losses). On the other hand, I really am happy that I did lose weight. I am just now thinking it won't be as easy as it was in the past and I will have to work at it a bit more.

So what am I going to do differently next week? I am going to start walking - I want to try to get at least 3 30 minute walks in between now and next Saturday. More would be better, but I'm trying to go easy on myself. (Like I haven't been? Again, see above photos!) Next week I'll gladly take another 3 pounds off.

No comments:

Post a Comment